Job Opportunity: NCSU DELTA Multimedia Specialist January 24, 2007Posted by Lee Cherry in Uncategorized.
Tags: employment, graphic design, information design
NC State University, Distance Education and Learning Technology Applications Unit (DELTA) http://delta.ncsu.edu/ is seeking a Media Specialist who will be responsible for graphic design, visual communication and the production of print media, web design and interactive marketing collateral. The Media Specialist will collaborate with various units within DELTA to provide vision, leadership and define strategies for DELTA’s Marketing and Partnership Development initiatives. They will work with a team of instructional designers, multimedia specialists, web application and web content developers as well as other university personnel.Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Media Specialist will collaborate with various units within DELTA to provide vision, leadership and define strategies for DELTA’s Marketing and Partnership Development initiatives. The Media Specialist will also be responsible for the design and production of a broad range of marketing and communications materials. They will work with instructional designers, multimedia specialists, web application and web content developers as well as other university personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:• Design and develop various media for print, web, interactive and video-based marketing collateral.
• Assist and/or manage contracted media services, including copywriting, illustration, graphics, printing, video, animation, and web design.
• Develop and manage design specifications for print materials, advertising placement, web applications, graphics and interactive Flash media.
• Serve as a liaison with network administrators and application developers to implement dynamic web based applications.
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, Communications, Media Arts, Educational Technology or related field.
• 3 years professional experience producing graphics, media and related web-based products.
• Experience in project management including managing time, working within a budget, establishing priorities and meeting milestones and deliverables.
• Demonstrated proficiency in print design, graphic design, multimedia authoring, digital imaging, photography, Internet programming languages (HTML, CSS, Action Script), and interface design.
• Experience with streaming media, digital video production and animation.
Proficiency in the following applications:
o Print Publishing Software (Adobe InDesign, QuarkXPress, Adobe PageMaker, or similar)
o Macromedia/Adobe Flash 8
o Illustration Software (Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Freehand, or similar)
o Graphic Imaging Software (Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Fireworks, or similar)
The application deadline is February 16, 2007, or until filled. To apply, please go to https://jobs.ncsu.edu/, select create application, create an EPA Applicant Profile and apply for position C-99-0701. You must provide the following application materials to be considered for this position: letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least 3 references to your electronic application. Additionally, you must provide a portfolio of multimedia work. The portfolio can be provided by including the URL address in your cover letter or resume, attaching the portfolio (2MB or less) or by mailing a CD-ROM or DVD to DELTA, NC State University; ATTN: Media Specialist Search Committee Chair; Box 7113; Raleigh, NC 27695-7113. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
“NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, or disability. In its commitment to diversity and equity, NC State University seeks applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity at 919-515-3148 or 919-515-9617 (TTY). In addition, NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation.”
For application instructions and additional information, please visit http://jobs.ncsu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=75277